University of Calgary
2013 - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with a concentration in Software Engineering
Summary of Skills
- Deployed, and maintained web applications on cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, and Heroku.
- Practical knowledge of a variety of databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Ability and interest to learn new tools, languages, and libraries quickly and thoroughly.
- Background with a variety of development methods and processes ranging from Waterfall to Agile.
- Years of experience using Git and various other systems for version control and source code management.
- Proficiency using Windows, Linux, and OS X development environments, as well as Windows and Linux server administration.
- Strong technical communication skills while interacting with customers and team members.
- An effective problem solver and will dig and debug until a solution is found.
Aug 2015 - Present
Trumpet Interactive, Calgary, Alberta
Lead Front End Web and Mobile Application Developer
- Leads the front end development team at this startup to create innovative web and mobile applications.
- Utilizes Ruby on Rails, React, jQuery, Node.js, and REST APIs.
- Developing a mobile application for iOS and Android using React Native.
- Implemented a strict deployment process to ensure high availability and production functionality.
- Plays a pivotal role in deciding the business direction and feature priority.
- Reviewed business and sales data to verify development decisions based on user feedback.
- Uses Scrum methodologies to ensure quick turnaround and efficient workflow within the development team.
Jan 2015 - Jul 2015
Ripple Group Inc, Calgary, Alberta
Computer Software Programmer and Web Developer
- Utilized tools including Git, Visual Studio and ReSharper on a daily basis.
- Worked with a variety of frameworks and libraries such as AngualarJS, jQuery, Bootstrap and Entity Framework.
- Deployed to staging and production environments on both Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure through Git.
- Focused on high quality, efficient code while working in a detail oriented, fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and evolving requirements.
Feb 2014 - Jan 2015
Hitachi ID Systems, Calgary, Alberta
- Provided security solutions to customers over the course of long-term projects with a web-based identity, password, and access management suite.
- Performed large scale software deployments to enterprise production environments on globally distributed networks.
- Solutions ranged from simple installation and configuration, to intricate solutions using custom Python scripts to match the appropriate business logic required by the customer.
- Setup and managed Windows and Linux servers, and made use of administrative and development tools including IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, Mercurial and PyCharm.
- Worked individually, as well as with teams, to turn concepts into completed projects.
- Wrote extensive technical documentation for projects, including estimates, solution designs and exit documentation.
- Travelled internationally to work with customers on-site in Europe.
Jul 2013 - Feb 2014, May 2012 - Aug 2012
Hitachi ID Systems, Calgary, Alberta
Technical Support Analyst
- Worked one-on-one with system administrators to solve complex configuration and programming problems.
- Debugged and troubleshot code, working continuously with the customer until a complete solution was found.
- Effectively communicated technical information verbally as well on paper, in emails, bug reports, and knowledge base articles.
- Required the ability to research and problem solve quickly while providing the customer with a friendly and professional interaction.
- Necessitated knowledge of information security, intrusion prevention, and server hardening due to the sensitive nature of the industry.
- Implemented functionality for the open source project TooFast.