10 Jan 2013
This bot is for retrieving posts from Reddit, parsing them, and then generating a calendar that automatically gets uploaded to the subreddit.
An example of it can be seen on the Calgary Social Club.
- Ruby 1.9.3
- Ruby gems - open-uri, json, rubit_reddit_api, chronic, parseconfig
- Configure the two files serverInfo.conf and description.conf
- serverInfo.conf information should be copied from /r/subreddit/about/edit except for the username and password.
- description.conf should include the text for before and after the calendar
- There’s probably more steps in here, but the bot no longer runs, so this hasn’t been updated in ages.
That’s it! As long as there are no errors, you should be good to go. This is definitely equivalent to pre-alpha software, so you may get errors along the way. You should probably have an understanding of ruby before you try to use this. The code is super messy but it gets the job done.